Current:Home > reviewsSignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Visionary Wealth Guides
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Algosensey View
Date:2025-04-05 23:25:22
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (43737)
Related
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Authorities urge proper cooking of wild game after 6 relatives fall ill from parasite in bear meat
- Burger King week of deals begins Tuesday: Get discounts on burgers, chicken, more menu items
- Proof Ariana Madix Might Be Done With Vanderpump Rules
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- The Best Squat-Proof Bike Shorts for Working Out, Wearing Under Dresses & More
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 20 finale: Date, time, cast, where to watch and stream
- House Democrats expected to vote on $53.1B budget as Republicans complains of overspending
- Highlights from Trump’s interview with Time magazine
- Pope apologizes after being quoted using vulgar term about gay men in talk about ban on gay priests
Ranking
- Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
- Stranger Things' Gaten Matarazzo Says Woman in Her 40s Confessed to Having Crush Since He Was 13
- Josh Gibson becomes MLB career and season batting leader as Negro Leagues statistics incorporated
- Book Review: So you think the culture wars are new? Shakespeare expert James Shapiro begs to differ
- Appeals court scraps Nasdaq boardroom diversity rules in latest DEI setback
- Evaluation requested for suspect charged in stabbings at Massachusetts movie theater, McDonald’s
- Jon Bon Jovi Shares Heartwarming Details of Millie Bobby Brown and Jake Bongiovi’s Wedding
- Son of Sam serial killer David Berkowitz denied parole after 12th board appearance
Recommendation
The Daily Money: Spending more on holiday travel?
Ryan Salame, part of the ‘inner circle’ at collapsed crypto exchange FTX, sentenced to prison
Kourtney Kardashian Shares She Experienced 5 Failed IVF Cycles and 3 Retrievals Before Having Son Rocky
Jurors hear about Karen Read’s blood alcohol level as murder trial enters fifth week
Could Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft reunite? Maybe in Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2026 class
US consumer confidence rises in May after three months of declines
The 40 Most Popular Amazon Items E! Readers Bought This Month: Bracelets, Garbage Disposal Cleaner & More
Albert Ruddy, Oscar-winning producer of ‘The Godfather’ and ‘Million Dollar Baby,’ dies at 94